"I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history." -Cardinal Francis George

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Oscar Wilde quote

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.


Oscar Wilde
Reminds me of the "cowboy caviar" I saw in the grocery yesterday. As a typical American, I was strangely intrigued by the barbaric decadence of it. I bet it's yummy.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, I love Oscar Wilde and hope to read more of him soon, and seriously.

    Um...what is "cowboy caviar"? I'd guess it's Rocky Mountain Oysters except you mention the grocery store.

    As we're in MN, I'm guessing it's something neither meat nor calf balls?

    BTW glad to see you're back! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was basically thick salsa. No bovine reproductive tidbits involved (I hope!)

    Thanks for the welcome back. BTW, thanks for the help you gave me last year finding a parish. I don't know if you caught wind of what happened in Delano with Fr. Wenthe, but needless to say I was glad to be going to Holy Family when I heard about it. Delano is the closest parish to me, but I was repelled by hearing "on eagles wings". I told Fr. Wenthe about my concern, but it seems he had other things on his mind at the time.

    God bless you!

    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did hear about Fr. W., really sad situation there and glad you weren't caught up in it. :-(

    You seem really happy at your parish now and that's an awesome thing!

    ReplyDelete