"I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history." -Cardinal Francis George

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Alaskan Whaling Captains: Dont forget your deduction!

So I am filling out my taxes using TaxAct online. I'm doing the itemized deductions section and come across this in the instructions. (my emphasis:)

Gifts to Charity
You can deduct contributions or gifts you gave to organizations that are religious, charitable, educational, scientific, or literary in purpose. You can also deduct what you gave to organizations that work to prevent cruelty to children or animals. Certain whaling captains may be able to deduct expenses paid in 2011 for Native Alaskan subsistence bowhead whale hunting activities. See Pub. 526 for details.

So to all you native Alaskan whaling captains out there who were like "crap, all these  expenses paid in 2011 for Native Alaskan subsistence bowhead whale hunting activities are kind of depressing me."
Cheer up! Uncle Sam has got your back!
As a left handed person, I am still waiting for my deduction for all the pain and lonliness my condition causes. Come on Federal Government! What about me!? I want my fair share of all the loot! Isnt that what a Republic is all about? Sharing loot?

1 comment:

  1. When I do my taxes this year, 2/3 of my charitable contributions will be to a Protestant work and 1/3 to a Catholic parish. Would love to see the look on my tax man's face when he sees these receipts. An opportunity to witness.

    I call for a Catholic revert credit, exemption or deduction.

    ReplyDelete