"I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history." -Cardinal Francis George

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"TurretinFan" says Christ did not die for me

From "TurretinFan":
David, You've turned your back on Christ and the church to follow Rome. You don't get to claim His blood. At least, as it stands, when you come before the Lord, he will simply tell you "I never knew," despite your claims. -TurretinFan
The thread is HERE. This is the insanity of the "true" Reformed mindset. Even those who specifically trust in the shed Blood of Christ are to them (and by them) to be condemned to hell simply by becoming a Catholic. He actually says that "I don't get to claim" Christ's blood for my salvation. I am speechless. If I can't claim Christ's Blood, what can I claim? I guess it must be Christ's Blood PLUS TurretinFans aproval. Makes me sick.

9 comments:

  1. David,

    TurretinFan is one of the individuals that really opened my eyes to my own forced mindset that was more concerened with being right than uncovering truth. Now It wasn't obvious to me at first, but after reading arguments from him, and others like him, over the years I saw a clear reflection of myself and the way I would engage in debate/discussion. It forced me to step back and do some serious self-reflection and then begin "anew" in my prayer and study. After that, I was not able to remain in my Reformed church. I am now in RCIA. I am grateful to TurretinFan in a way.

    I guess my point is to pray for him. It is people like him that you will learn the most from about yourself.

    God Bless,
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  2. TurretinFan has spoken, the case is closed. Your soul is damned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Golly. I never saw that coming. </sarcasm>

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know it is an interesting thing: one minute (while you are going to a Reformed denomination), you are elect, Christ's blood is shed for you, etc. but the next minute, as soon as you enter full communion with the Catholic Church, it's all over for you, damned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And my basic confession has not changed! Jesus died for me. Sure there is more to it, but even what more there is is not significantly different now as a Catholic. My basic profession of faith has always been and will always be that I am a sinner and I trust in Christ for my salvation. TFan is actually (ironically) wanting to ADD something to that. It's bizzare and repulsive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How can one who receives Christ's true blood not able to claim it?

    I have been reading Saint Faustina recently and I am amazed at how much more Catholic teaching relies on Christ's mercy than any other system.

    Don't let modern Judaizers get to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have decided that as far as I am concerned, life is way too short to worry about James White, Matt Slick, Turrentinfan or any other fly by night "theologian's" opinions. They will be long gone and the Sacred Heart and Immaculate heart will triumph!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jesus paid for us ALL, and I mean ALL! Believing is Seeing! None come to the Father except thru Him. I pray for ALL to show each other your open hands instead of your fists. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Discussion doesnt imply fists are being used. And believing isnt seeing. Many religions can say the same, and they arent all correct. Belief is important, but not at the expense of the mind God gave us. Having said that, please pray for me, my faith is weak. Ave Maria.

      Delete