"I expect to die in bed, my successor will die in prison and his successor will die a martyr in the public square. His successor will pick up the shards of a ruined society and slowly help rebuild civilization, as the church has done so often in human history." -Cardinal Francis George

Friday, November 9, 2012

Guess what this map is showing...


This is a map of the greater Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area here in Minnesota. The top left light colored blip is St. Cloud, the huge blip is the Twin Cities, with Mankato down in the bottom left. Take a moment and try to guess what the light and dark colors represent.

...........

................

Did you guess population? Well, I can't blame you for that very good guess, and to be fair, if I overlaid a population map, it would look almost identical. So what do the colors represent?

They represent the level of degeneracy/sanity. Let me explain. We recently had a question on our ballot on whether to add a statement in our state constitution affirming that marriage as recognized by the state is between one man and one woman. Pretty simple right?

The amendment did not pass.

You see, the light colored areas apparently think marriage is an arangement that people define for themselves and their spouse, who apparently can be of the same sex, or a chimp, or 3 spouses, hell, why not a man and three chimps -who am I to decide- right!? Wrong. These people are insane. I just don't get it. When a culture looses its desire to live, and starts lying to itself on this grand of a scale, it can't last long.  

But what mystifies me is where these people live. They live in the higher populated areas. And not just the huge cities. Even my little town of Rockford, which is just a few thousand souls (which you can see on the map as the light colored blip in the south-east side of Wright county) had a below 50% "yes" vote. I am so ashamed of my town. But why oh why is every blip -big or small- of population so deranged? Every little hamlet I could think of, when I zoomed in on it is a lighter shade than the surrounding countryside. Is there something about living in proximity to other humans that makes us desire our own cultural destruction through gay marriage?

Lord, have mercy on us.


                                       

2 comments:

  1. David, I live in Maryland, and almost the exact same thing happened here that you describe in your post. It is even worse though-- same-sex "marriage" was actually legalized here by a slim majority of the peoples' vote. The more densely populated areas tended to vote for it, while the outlying areas went in the opposing direction. (I live in one of the more densely populated areas, and I can tell you, it is interesting to be a Catholic who is generally politically conservative here. My parish is faithful and vibrant, but the county where I live, as a whole, needs some serious work.) My friends and I did what we could, but the cultural tide in Maryland is leaning ever more in favor of the culture of death and non-procreation. Pray for us, bro. I will pray for Minnesota.

    With all of this said, there is a chance that, within three years, I might not even be living in the U.S. anymore. For several months now, I have been looking into the possibility of life in the Philippines. It's a third-world country (trying to become a second-world country), and dire poverty and government corruption are widespread, but it's also a fervently Catholic country in a truly devout sense. Divorce, contraception, and abortion are all illegal there. Imagine that-- Catholics living out their faith so seriously that the will of the people actually expresses itself in *Catholic* ways through the laws of the land! I would love to live and die in such a country. Time will tell...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds cool Christopher. I really love places like the Philippines because they are Catholic and still have high fertility rates. What they need is strong catechesis and formation so they do not become like the west. Keep in touch if you end up there.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete